Sunday, October 11, 2009

Defeating the Puff


Puff pastry I have found is definitely one of the most under appreciated products. Pretty much everyone can say they have had it in some form. Always light and flaky with all those yummy tiny layers. Sure it's great. But what I don't think a lot of people realize is that each layer is put in their by the chef with folds and turns of the dough sandwiching layers of butter. It's complex and not difficult but there is definitely a specific way of doing it with out crushing the delicate layers.


Of course this unit came with some of my favorites. Like napoleons and danish! Oh how I can feel my waistline growing all ready. happily my arms are as well. All of this kneading and whisking and rolling is a workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments and questions