Sunday, October 11, 2009

Level 2 Here We Come!!!


It was sadly time to say goodbye to Chef Mike and Chef Tom this saddened me because they had taught me so much. But it was time to move on... to next door Pastry Kitchen 2. Chef Chris welcomed us and immediately you can tell he has quite the whimsical personality. With an impressive resume under his belt including time at the Waldorf and the Plaza hotel Chef Chris is to say the least very knowledgeable in his profession. Although you can't help but laugh at his strikingly on the par impressions of Julia Child's and Chef Alain or the way he seems to compare everything to classical music. For the life of me I can't understand a single one of his analogies, maybe I should have paid more attention in music class.


The first unit of level 2 is breads and wow do you get a workout with all that kneading. We made some very nice products from sally lunn rolls to foccacia and bagels. And the things we love most savory food!!! Being a pastry student your diet largely becomes made up of mostly sugar butter and chocolate. Not that I am entirely complaining but when we here we are making something that Isn't sweet we get very excited. Such was the case when we made pizza, Tarte Flambe and smoked salmon bagels yum! oh how I love my profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments and questions