Sunday, October 11, 2009

Viennoiserie and a roomie!




At the end of class I walk into my room to find... a new roomie! Yay I don't have to be painfully bored anymore. Her name is Chelsea and she is from New Hampshire here for the art of international bread baking as well as classic french pastry. We thankfully get along very well in spite of the fact that she is fattening me up with all of her delicious bread that she brings back from class.




These days I have also been making some bread of my own. The latest unit is Viennoiserie. It is breakfast breads from the region of Vienna. And this unit is sure to please anyones sweet tooth. with everything from Bourbon Pecan sticky buns to Croissants and Scones this stuff is good! And I 'm sure my family could attest to that I sent a big box of some of these yummies home and from what I hear they were happily received and quickly devoured. There was no test for this unit, (phew!) but the main purpose is to give us an introduction to yeast and prepare us for the breads unit in level 2. Most importantly it is stressed that we should work on perfecting our Croissant making skills since that will most likely appear on our final. I am at a french school after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments and questions