Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cakes and a Great Opportunity!










Finally what we have all been waiting for.... well at least what i have been. Cakes! though in this first unit of cakes we are doing pretty simple things I am still pretty excited to be working with my dear cakes once again. We learned to master egg foams to leaven our cakes and how to get a high rise and tender crumb with only 4 or 5 ingredients and no chemical leavener to be found.

And icing a cake, just when I thought I knew what I was doing I learn yet another technique. But that's the beauty of this course I learn tons of new things every day. One of my favorite things about life is that you never go a day without learning something new.
So in an effort to hone my skills I have gone out and bought a few things of playdoh and I can often be found practicing my roses and forming little figures. Now if I can only work on my writing skills. Chef made a comment on how it could be improved. Hasn't he seen my hand writing on paper? That skill is definitely going to need some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments and questions