Sunday, August 9, 2009

End of Week One




Wow this week went by fast. Class goes by very fast each day because we are constantly running around. I hope that next week the AC gets fixed because we have had 4 ovens running all day and it is HOT! I am definitely enjoying this and all ready learning a lot. Our chefs really are a wealth of knowledge and I have taken them up on the don't be afraid to ask tons of questions speech several times.

To wrap up this week I have made lots of tarts and a couple different cookies. I have learned the ins and outs of the proper ways to make tart doughs and custards. As well as how ingredients scientifically affect each recipe. There's a lot more science that goes into these recipes than I thought. Another thing we got to do this week that was really fun was flambe. There's just something exciting about being in control of 4 foot flames!

And yes, we do bring just about everything we make each day home with us. Ironically I'm not much for sweets, so I have a freezer full of tarts all ready. So if you come to visit you better be prepared to take some sweets back home with you because I get rid of them whenever I can.

I can't wait to start a new week of school. But for now I am resting my feet in my dorm and enjoying the AC. Oh and lots of studying and washing dirty uniforms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments and questions