Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 2


Today the day was started off with a class on sanitation. We will be studying sanitation for about a week then we will have a national sanitation examination next Friday. This will lead to a national serv-safe certification which can prove to be very valuable in the food industry today. I found the first day of sanitation to be both very interesting and very gross. For example I found out that when I had E Coli poisoning when I was 5 that it was caused by not just milk but milk with cow manure in it. ( I think I could have gone on with life just fine not knowing I ate poop!) Most of all this has me thinking more of where my food comes from, and the fact that we really have no idea half the time. Kinda scary huh?

Then after notes and all the book stuff it was back to cooking and the wonderful pace that comes with it. Today we finished our apple tarts. My first completed dessert as an FCI student! we then made pate brisee and creme de patisserie for the banana cream tart we will be making tomorrow. I'm really starting to get used to weighing all ingredients instead of measuring in volume, it really is a lot more accurate. I can't wait to try out my brand new digital scale tomorrow!

ok, Study Time!

ps: It was so hot i the kitchen today it melted the black design off my aluminum water bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments and questions