Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tiny Bubbles!




On the day that I did my tour here at FCI the Level 3 class was making wedding cakes as we walked by and looked in the windows. And now my FCI wedding day has come. This is the project I had been looking forward to most.
The Level 2 class came in and did a presentation about a hypothetical wedding they put together for us. The theme was to be "classic island chic" set at the four seasons Bora Bora. The colors were to be coral and green and the flowers were orchids.

Immediately my mind went in different directions and 5 sketches latter I decided on the wedding cake. A white cake soaked with framboise with a strawberry filling, it was then covered with an ivory fondant. There is shimmering coral piped on the bottom tier with piped pearls bordering every tier as well. It is then decorated with crystal clear blown sugar bubbles, dusted sugar sea shells, and green sugar paste orchids.

For once I was happy with a cake I made. And my class was as well. I was voted best wedding cake from both my class and the level 2 class. Very pleased with myself I took the cake to Jacques Torres Chocolates for everyone to enjoy and Chef high five'd me and said I did good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments and questions