Friday, January 29, 2010

Graduation!


After a day full of packing everything from my dorm room it was time to head back to school one more time and put on my uniform for graduation! We all excitedly warmed up our pastries and set up the buffet that would be held after the ceremony all of us very happy to finnally be done. Then it was time to line up and head into the amphitheater. I smiled and held mu composure as I walked past friends and family and sat down. One by one we were called up to receive our diplomas after some great speeches by our chefs. Then it was time for special awards. I received awards for Perfect Atendence, Outstanding Community Service, and Graduate with Distinction high honor student. It was all very sureal and soon after it started it was over.

I smiled and hugged family and friends and was overjoyed to see that my room mate Chelsea and my friend Meghan from Jacques Torres had come to support me. After hugs and pictures we went upstairs to look at my showpiece and do a tour of the school. It was all very surreal and I couldn't believe that my time at The French Culinary Institute was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments and questions